Gone are the horrible smelling medications he had to take three times a day. Now, those two medications are replaced with about seven. All but one, maybe two, of these medications are temporary. As the days turn into months, the doctors will take him off these medications, until he is down to one immunosuppressant.
Gone is the late night tube feeding. Now, we can all be in bed by 8 o'clock if that's what we want, and sometimes, that's exactly what I want.
Gone are the worries of having to feed him when we are out running errands. Now, we can just buy some milk or food that he likes while we are out.
Gone is the question of whether Caleb is getting sick, if his ammonia levels are rising.
Life is so different in our house, and it feels awesome.
He is doing beautifully. The donor is doing awesome. We are so blessed and so thankful.
2 Samuel 22: 2-4
He said: "The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refug
e and my savior, from violent men you save me. I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies."
Psalm 100:4-5
Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations.


No comments:
Post a Comment